February 7th, Super Bowl Sunday my mom and I woke up early and ran a 1/2 marathon in gorgeous Huntington Beach. There were over 20,000 participants! It was an inspiring event and we had so much fun. Although I dropped the ball when it came to training and preparing myself for this event, I am pleased to report that my finish time was 3 and a 1/2 hours, just 30 minutes shy of my original goal time Woohoo! My favorite part of the race was seeing Sean and the kids cheering me on just feet away from the Finish line. I love my family. My 2nd favorite part of the race was when we hit mile number 10; I was SO tired and sore yet my mom had just got her 2nd burst of energy or something because she was gun ho and ready to go!! I'm already looking forward to the next event I'm able to do with the family
After the race we took a trip to Yard House to celebrate with some 1/2 yard glasses of beer, yummo!
No comments:
Post a Comment